Cathy McAleer is one tough woman, both mentally and physically, and is an elite athlete in mixed martial arts. Her schedule is booked with all things karate, from training herself and other karate champions to playing crucial roles in the operations of karate businesses throughout Ireland.
She is the Founder of NIKA (Northern Ireland Karate Academy) and runs two clubs in Queens Leisure Complex Holywood and Stormont Pavilion where she helps train a number of World, European, British and Irish champions. However, neither of these responsibilities are her full-time job. She works day-to-day as a general manager of one of Northern Ireland’s Virgin Active Health Clubs. In addition to being certified in sports massage therapy, Cathy has a bachelor’s degree in sports marketing.
- World WKC Kata Champion 2014
- World Kumite Karate Champion 2014
- WKC Silver Medalist 2014
- WKN European Full Contact Kickboxing Champion 2014
- WKN Draw for K1 World Champion 2014
- Undefeated Northern Ireland champion for 10 consecutive years
- 3rd Dan Karate Instructor and national coach for Northern Ireland
“Many people ask me how I fit it all in and also have the energy to compete and train,” Cathy said. “Synergy’s range of products has made a big difference. All of the products are compliant with WADA, the World Anti-Doping Agency, as being free of banned athlete substances.”